Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Secret Behind Release

The release of someone in Jonas' community is not something to celebrate or be happy about. When I found out that they kill the person being released, I felt a mix of emotions. I could only imagine how Jonas felt when he found out. "Jonas felt a ripping sensation inside himslef, the feeling of terrible pain clawing its way forward to emrge in a cry." (pg. 151) The community can never have two people that look the same so to solve their problem, they simply killed the other twin that weighed less. It seems unfair for the little guy to be killed without having a chance in life. I wouldn't know how to feel if my father kills and lies to me everyday. The secret behind the release of someone is a scary thing to see and even worse when you can't do anything about it.

No comments: